Evaluation and Reviews
iDiscovery has demonstrated its ability to:
- support and develop professional leadership by encouraging teachers and principals to become successful virtual community facilitators;
- increase teacher use of internet resources in their classrooms;
- encourage teacher collaboration and critical dialogue around instructional pedagogy issues;
- increase teacher use of inquiry-based and problem-solving-based instructional strategies.
After completing an iDiscovery workshop, participants overwhelmingly reported that:
- they learned new concepts, facts, and definitions;
- they learned new instructional approaches;
- iDiscovery provided useful methods for transferring new knowledge to the classroom;
- the program was linked to state and national standards;
- they have maintained contact with other participants;
- the program led to the establishment of a professional network among participants;
- they recommended the program to other teachers:
- their students were more attentive, enthusiastic, and involved in classroom activities.