iDiscovery sustains professional development by creating learning communities that provide support for mathematics and science professionals as they implement systemic reform-based curricula.
Our core beliefs are:
- Professional development experiences should focus on enhancing knowledge of mathematics and science;
- Standards-based science and mathematics curricula should form the basis for professional development;
- Professional development experiences should be linked to implementing local curricular frameworks that are aligned to Ohio’s Learning Standards;
- Professional development strategies should model inquiry, problem-solving, and cooperative learning;
- Successful professional development experiences must be sustained over an extended period of time and into the school year during the critical implementation phase.